I'm running NT and have twice received the "Strata cannot initialize due to a disk error. I went to the FAQ area on the Strata site. It talks about removing the preferences file but I can't seem to locate it on NT. I have to delete all references to it in the registry and reinstall. Is there a simplier solution?
|Answer:||To remove the preferences on Windows machines (both NT and 98) use the Regedit program. Go to the hkey_current_users entry and expand it. Now expand the Software entry. Find the Strata folder and delete it. Now quit the Regedit program. You will have to re-enter the registration information the next time you start SSP but it is not necessary to reinstall it. |
About the initialization error message you might want to try defragmenting your hard drive.
- Achieving smooth animation - 2002-04-10
- Flipping Normals - 2002-04-10
- Ripples (Making a flag wave) - 2002-04-10
- Raytracing > Rendering holes in letters - 2002-04-10
- Stencil Map > Rings of Saturn - 2002-04-11
You cannot comment on this entry